* Mail-Copies-To broken?
@ 2002-03-17  4:44 Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-03-17  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnus seems to ignore Mail-Copies-To when doing F in mail.  Isn't this
somewhat wrong?

--
<http://petition.eurolinux.org/>

* Re: Mail-Copies-To broken?
@ 2002-03-17  9:46 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-17  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

> Gnus seems to ignore Mail-Copies-To when doing F in mail.  Isn't this
> somewhat wrong?

Isn't Mail-Followups-To for mail whereas Mail-Copies-To is for news?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: Mail-Copies-To broken?
@ 2002-03-17 17:20   ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-03-17 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:
>
>> Gnus seems to ignore Mail-Copies-To when doing F in mail.  Isn't this
>> somewhat wrong?
>
> Isn't Mail-Followups-To for mail whereas Mail-Copies-To is for news?

Hmm, I didn't know that.  I got flamed for not obeying it.  I guess its
my time to flame back.

--

@ 2002-03-17 20:36     ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-03-17 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> wrote:
> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>> Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:
>>> Gnus seems to ignore Mail-Copies-To when doing F in mail.  Isn't this
>>> somewhat wrong?
>>
>> Isn't Mail-Followups-To for mail whereas Mail-Copies-To is for news?
>
> Hmm, I didn't know that.  I got flamed for not obeying it.  I guess its
> my time to flame back.

Mail-Followup(no "s")-To is like Folloup-To, but for mail.  It's not
defined in any RFC, so don't try to argue MFT on those grounds.
Mail-Copies-To is defined in an RFC, I think, but only for news.  I
had thought Gnus noticed it for mail as well, and that it was the only
UA to do so.  Anyway, MFT can express anything expressible with MCT.
So pragmatically, anyone setting MCT in mail ought to set MFT as well,
in order to make their intensions known to as many MUAs as possible.

paul

* Re: Mail-Copies-To broken?
@ 2002-03-18 11:09   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2002-03-18 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Henrik Enberg, ding

> Isn't Mail-Followups-To for mail whereas Mail-Copies-To is for news?

No.  Mail-Copies-To are for both mail and news.