* replacement for custom-face-lookup
@ 1997-10-06 18:12 David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 1997-10-06 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, so the XEmacs guys got their way and custom-face-lookup is gone.

I'm not going to waste time arguing the decision since I don't know
why it was considered evil.  I just know that as a result I can't get
qgnus 0.12 working because I used custom-face-lookup in my .gnus for
setting the gnus-cite-list, gnus-header-face-alist and
gnus-summary-highlight.  What should I use to replace it?  Do I really
have to do all that make-face stuff by hand or is there some other
reasonable alternative?  I've looked at the custom documentation.  It
appears that defface may be what I want, but I'm really not interested
in setting up all the menu stuff that comes with it.  So if there's
any other alternative I'd like to know it.

Thanks,

--
Dave Goldberg
Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730

* Re: replacement for custom-face-lookup
@ 1997-10-06 18:45 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-10-06 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

dsg@linus.mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

> What should I use to replace it?

`face-spec-set'.  I just mailed an example to the list.