* gnuscash?
@ 2003-03-19 10:16 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2003-03-19 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

A nutty driving-to-work-half-asleep idea:

- a server/backend/group buffer that lists accounts & their balances

- a summary buffer that summarizes transactions in an account

- an article buffer that shows all the details of a transaction

Any thoughts?

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: gnuscash?
@ 2003-03-20 15:37 ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2003-03-20 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> A nutty driving-to-work-half-asleep idea:
>
> - a server/backend/group buffer that lists accounts & their balances
>
> - a summary buffer that summarizes transactions in an account
>
> - an article buffer that shows all the details of a transaction
>
> Any thoughts?

Read & write Gnucash files? ;-)

I'd rather use it's report facilities + double entry system.

See you,
--
Godoy.    <godoy@metalab.unc.edu>

* Re: gnuscash?
@ 2003-03-20 15:54   ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2003-03-20 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu Mar 20 2003 at 09:37, Jorge Godoy <godoy@metalab.unc.edu> said:

> Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:
>
>> A nutty driving-to-work-half-asleep idea:
>>
>> - a server/backend/group buffer that lists accounts & their balances
>>
>> - a summary buffer that summarizes transactions in an account
>>
>> - an article buffer that shows all the details of a transaction
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> Read & write Gnucash files? ;-)

Ah - yes.  A gnucash file as some sort of remote server.  You'd also
need to be able to import QIF and whatever else online banks export.
Heck, use your bank's web interface as an online gnuscash server, log
in & interact via http (behind the scenes).

> I'd rather use it's report facilities + double entry system.

I'd like to, if I could get the blasted !@#$!@# thing to compile.

Interaction with gnus has entered my very DNA, it seems, so it would
be, um, handy or something if I could truly do everything in gnus,
"the coffee-brewing, all singing, all dancing, kitchen sink
newsreader."  It would be so nifty I might actually get around to
balancing my checkbook.

There's probably a principle that requires gnus to expand until it can
do everything.

bw
--
Bill White                                               Office: 5N-X30
Documentation Programmer                      Phone: 217-398-0700 x 234