* Re: smarter NoCeM?
       [not found] <x1jg21btrp9.fsf@unhinged.engr.sgi.com>
@ 1996-12-13  3:47 ` David Moore
From: David Moore @ 1996-12-13  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted as well.

Chad Ray McDaniel <chadm@unhinged.engr.sgi.com> writes:

> I really like that Gnus supports NoCeM messages, but I'd like it to
> have a few more features. What I'd like it to do is to delete the
> original spam and add the subject line to my score files with a very
> low score in order to remove followups.

	It'd probably be easier to just hide messages whose references
are to hidden messages.

> Has anyone cooked something like this up?

	You can modify gnus-sum.el to check the parts of
mail-header-references with gnus-nocem-unwanted-article-p much as it
does with the mail-header-id.

Say like this change to gnus-summary-limit-children, which only works if
you have split-string (in xemacs, dunno about emacs 19):

;; Check NoCeM things.
(and gnus-use-nocem
     (or (gnus-nocem-unwanted-article-p
	  (mail-header-id (car thread)))
	 (and gnus-nocem-hide-followups
	      (member 't (mapcar 'gnus-nocem-unwanted-article-p
				 (split-string
				  (mail-header-references (car thread))
				  " "))))))

With an appropriate sticking of this somewhere (or use defcustom in red
gnus):

(defvar gnus-nocem-hide-followups nil
 "*If t, hide followups to NoCeM hidden messages.")

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-12-13  3:47 UTC | newest]