* bug with drafts directory?
@ 2002-04-19 20:26 John H Palmieri
From: John H Palmieri @ 2002-04-19 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think there is a bug with nndraft-directory and
message-auto-save-directory.  I want all my drafts to be stored in
"~/Mail/News/drafts", so I have this in my .emacs file:

(setq gnus-directory (expand-file-name "~/Mail/News")
      gnus-kill-files-directory gnus-directory
      gnus-dribble-directory gnus-directory
      nndraft-directory gnus-directory)

The problem: with gnus running, when I create a draft (by running
gnus-group-mail, for instance, and then hitting C-c C-d), the
directory "~/Mail/drafts" is created.  The draft is saved into the
right place, "~/Mail/News/drafts", though.  I've fixed this by setting
the variable message-auto-save-directory to "~/Mail/News/drafts", but
I shouldn't have to: the documentation for that variable says

  *Directory where Message auto-saves buffers if Gnus isn't running.
  If nil, Message won't auto-save.

Note the clause "if Gnus isn't running".

Does anyone else get this behavior, or is something screwy with my
setup?

--
J. H. Palmieri, Dept of Mathematics, Univ of Washington

Gnus doesn't kill people, Emacs kills people.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-19 20:26 UTC | newest]