* Practical question: how do you track your threads when subscribing to a lot of groups and posting to some groups?
@ 2003-06-05 16:25 Georges Ko
From: Georges Ko @ 2003-06-05 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hi,

    Let's say that you subscribed to a lot of groups (mail, news,
mailing lists, ...) and post to some of them: how do you track the
threads you started when all your threads are in different groups?

    - Move the groups on the top of your list?
    - Put them in some topic called "Wait feedback"
    - Write on some Post-It or in some file?
    - Some elisp magic?
    - ...

    Georges
--
 Georges Ko                               gko@gko.net              2003-06-06
                                         Jour 5 de la semaine 23 de l'an 2003

* Re: Practical question: how do you track your threads when
@ 2003-06-05 21:51 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2003-06-05 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Georges> Let's say that you subscribed to a lot of groups (mail, news,
Georges> mailing lists, ...) and post to some of them: how do you track the
Georges> threads you started when all your threads are in different groups?

Georges> - Move the groups on the top of your list?
Georges> - Put them in some topic called "Wait feedback"
Georges> - Write on some Post-It or in some file?
Georges> - Some elisp magic?
Georges> - ...

Well, rule one: mark up responses to your posts by sorting by
scoring.  Do this by adding something like the following to your
~/News/all.SCORE file: