* gnus-large-newsgroup not respected
@ 2001-03-06 19:45 Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2001-03-06 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just made an update to Oort Gnus.

The variable 'gnus-large-newsgroup' (default: 200) isn't respected
anymore.  Gnus will fetch _all_ unread article if I enter a "big" group
with 'gnus-group-select-group'.  'C-u 200 SPC' will offer old (read)
articles, too.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,

* Re: gnus-large-newsgroup not respected
@ 2001-03-06 19:53 ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2001-03-06 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> The variable 'gnus-large-newsgroup' (default: 200) isn't respected
> anymore.  Gnus will fetch _all_ unread article if I enter a "big" group
> with 'gnus-group-select-group'.  'C-u 200 SPC' will offer old (read)
> articles, too.

Additonal info: It works for some gorups as said in the manual.  Strange.

--

@ 2001-03-08 17:35   ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2001-03-08 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > The variable 'gnus-large-newsgroup' (default: 200) isn't respected
> > anymore.  Gnus will fetch _all_ unread article if I enter a "big" group
> > with 'gnus-group-select-group'.  'C-u 200 SPC' will offer old (read)
> > articles, too.

> Additonal info: It works for some gorups as said in the manual.

I fear I'll have to go back to 5.8.x.

There another behaviour that bugs me a lot.  I'm using INN and my expire
time is high (3 months for some groups).  Sometimes I'm reading a group
in a random fashion; often I cache an article, other articles I leave
unread and others are read.  Now it happens that Gnus decides to display
_all_ article of a large group and Gnus marks all articles 'til the most
recent cached article as read (often several hundreds...).

Has someone else observed such a behaviour?  Any proposal how to debug
this situation?

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,