* *Summary* name identification problem
@ 1997-04-19  6:41 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 1997-04-19  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using gnus 5.4.45, I just noticed that in the Summary buffer, if a
message has a From header like this:

From: Richard Stanton <stanton@haas.berkeley.edu>

The entry in the Summary buffer looks like this:

   [ 1, 44:  Richard            ] ...

On the other hand, if the article header looks like this

From: stanton@haas.berkeley.edu (Richard Stanton)

the summary line looks a whole lot more informative:

   [ 1, 44: +Richard Stanton    ] ...

I use gnus-bbdb to recognize names in my bbdb database, but something
odd is going on here. I can't see any good reason why there should be
a different result for these two messages.

Any suggestions?

Richard Stanton

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-04-19  6:41 UTC | newest]