* Replying to more than one messages at the same time
@ 1999-12-13 23:39 Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 1999-12-13 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can I reply to several messages at the same time?

What I want is to mark several messages, and then have Gnus
include all of their authors in To, Cc, or Bcc of a new message.

Thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who

* Re: Replying to more than one messages at the same time
@ 1999-12-14  2:22 ` Brian May
From: Brian May @ 1999-12-14  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Arcady> Can I reply to several messages at the same time?
    Arcady> What I want is to mark several messages, and then have Gnus
    Arcady> include all of their authors in To, Cc, or Bcc of a new message.

1. Process mark the messages (with #).

2. Perform a wide reply (eg S W).

Ideally, R (reply) should also work, but this only inserts one author
in the To field (at least for me anyway). :-(

--
Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>

* Re: Replying to more than one messages at the same time
@ 1999-12-14  8:23   ` Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 1999-12-14  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au> writes:

>     Arcady> Can I reply to several messages at the same time?
>     Arcady> What I want is to mark several messages, and then have Gnus
>     Arcady> include all of their authors in To, Cc, or Bcc of a new message.
>
> 1. Process mark the messages (with #).
>
> 2. Perform a wide reply (eg S W).
>
> Ideally, R (reply) should also work, but this only inserts one author
> in the To field (at least for me anyway). :-(

I just tried it, and it didn't work. I marked with "#" five messages,
then did "S W" as you suggested. What I got is a message with only one
recipent in the To field, and all five messages quoted in the body...

I wanted addresses of all five authors in the To or Cc field.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
--

@ 1999-12-15  3:33     ` shigeki
From: shigeki @ 1999-12-15  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, all.

Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca> writes:

> I just tried it, and it didn't work. I marked with "#" five messages,
> then did "S W" as you suggested. What I got is a message with only one
> recipent in the To field, and all five messages quoted in the body...

Me,too. Why ... :-(

--

Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>

* Re: Replying to more than one messages at the same time
@ 1999-12-16  1:17     ` Brian May
From: Brian May @ 1999-12-16  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Arcady> I just tried it, and it didn't work. I marked with "#"
    Arcady> five messages, then did "S W" as you suggested. What I got
    Arcady> is a message with only one recipent in the To field, and
    Arcady> all five messages quoted in the body...

    Arcady> I wanted addresses of all five authors in the To or Cc
    Arcady> field.

Oops, sorry, I tried the same thing again, and it doesn't work.

Perhaps my test was flawed (I might have replied to a message with a
lot of CCs, and just assumed it was doing the right thing).

It looks like both types of replies (wide and narrow) only look
for the headers in one message.

I think that they should look at all process marked messages. In fact,
I thought this once did work properly, but admit I might be mistaken.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au> writes:

> It looks like both types of replies (wide and narrow) only look
> for the headers in one message.

Yes, that's how it works.