* PGP and pgnus 0.29?
@ 1998-09-14  8:41 Stefanie Teufel
From: Stefanie Teufel @ 1998-09-14  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Huhu everybody,

I feel so stupid, but I seem to be unable to decrypt PGP-Mails with
pgnus. I uncommented all that tm-stuff in my .emacs and everything
works fine so far except that damn PGP-thing. When I enter a
pgp-encrypted message gnus shows me "application/pgp-encrypted" and
"application/octet-stream". Great, but when I click on pgp-encrypted
no pgp-message shows up and mailcrypt complains that there is no
pgp-message around and is unwilling to decrypt anything?

Stefanie
--
Stefanie Teufel			       http://linux01.gwdg.de/~steufel
als typisch für linux benutzer gilt aber wohl immernoch eher was ala:

* Re: PGP and pgnus 0.29?
@ 1998-09-14 12:38 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-14 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefanie Teufel <s.teufel@ndh.net> writes:

> I feel so stupid, but I seem to be unable to decrypt PGP-Mails with
> pgnus. I uncommented all that tm-stuff in my .emacs and everything
> works fine so far except that damn PGP-thing. When I enter a
> pgp-encrypted message gnus shows me "application/pgp-encrypted" and
> "application/octet-stream". Great, but when I click on pgp-encrypted
> no pgp-message shows up and mailcrypt complains that there is no
> pgp-message around and is unwilling to decrypt anything?

Well, I think someone should write stuff to recognize and show
"application/pgp-encrypted" articles.

* Re: PGP and pgnus 0.29?
@ 1998-09-14 14:20   ` Stefanie Teufel
       [not found]     ` <x7r9xeshje.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: Stefanie Teufel @ 1998-09-14 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 14:38:30 +0200, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Stefanie Teufel <s.teufel@ndh.net> writes:
>
> > I feel so stupid, but I seem to be unable to decrypt PGP-Mails with
> > pgnus. I uncommented all that tm-stuff in my .emacs and everything
> > works fine so far except that damn PGP-thing. When I enter a
> > pgp-encrypted message gnus shows me "application/pgp-encrypted" and
> > "application/octet-stream". Great, but when I click on pgp-encrypted
> > no pgp-message shows up and mailcrypt complains that there is no
> > pgp-message around and is unwilling to decrypt anything?
>
> Well, I think someone should write stuff to recognize and show
> "application/pgp-encrypted" articles.

Hmm, due to the fact, that I'm not able to do that - is there a
workaround which let me use pgnus and pgp (except tm)?

Stefanie
--
"The number of Unix installations has grown to ten,  with more
 expected." (Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd ed.; june 1972)

* Re: PGP and pgnus 0.29?
       [not found]     ` <x7r9xeshje.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1998-09-14 18:29       ` Stefanie Teufel
       [not found]         ` <x7ww76347i.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: Stefanie Teufel @ 1998-09-14 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 13:58:13 +0000, Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

> PGP works just fine with Gnus and mailcrypt when people avoid MIME's
> butchery of PGP's blocks.  Avoid PGP/MIME and Gnus/mailcrypt work fine.

Yep, but what should I do with the other crap?

Stefanie

* Re: PGP and pgnus 0.29?
       [not found]         ` <x7ww76347i.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1998-09-15 11:59           ` Jari Aalto+mail.tpu
From: Jari Aalto+mail.tpu @ 1998-09-15 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

| 1998-09-14 Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> list.ding
| >> PGP works just fine with Gnus and mailcrypt when people avoid MIME's
| >> butchery of PGP's blocks.  Avoid PGP/MIME and Gnus/mailcrypt work fine.
|
| ST> Yep, but what should I do with the other crap?
|
| Either kick anyone what uses PGP/MIME or write some Emacs-Lisp for Gnus to
| handle application/pgp-encrypted and application/pgp-signature :).
|
| But then, I am very biased against PGP/MIME and X-Pgp because, well, I was
| there when the PGP 2.3 developers decided that encapsulating encapsulated
| information did not work as well as they wanted.

Now when PGP/MIME is widely recognized, at last, I have found it to
be very usefull. Think how easy it is to send multiple files with
MIME and sign all with PGP/MIME. Just breeze. The decrypting is
as easy. I haven't yet tested with Pgnus/TM, but I will soon.

jari