* Duplicate Suppression and Redrawing the Gnus Screen
@ 2002-05-03  6:26 Ian Swainson
From: Ian Swainson @ 2002-05-03  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have the following variables set in my .emacs:

 '(gnus-save-duplicate-list t)
 '(gnus-suppress-duplicates t)

and duplicates are marked as such, but is there any way I can make Gnus either
delete them automatically, or at least jump over them when I press 'n'?

Secondly, I have the following configuration set up for gnus:

(gnus-add-configuration
	'(summary
	  (horizontal 1.0
		      (vertical 0.3 (group 1.0))
		      (vertical 1.0 (summary 1.0 point)))))

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article
   (horizontal 1.0
               (vertical 0.3 (group 1.0))
               (vertical 1.0
                         (summary 0.28 point)
                         (article 1.0)
                         ("*BBDB*" 6))
               )))

The only thing is that the BBDB buffer is there all the time, whether or not the
person who's mail I'm viewing has a BBDB entry or not: can I get rid of the BBDB
buffer if they don't have an entry, and then have it reappear when I view mail
from someone who does?

Also, is there a key predefined (or could someone show me how to define one - I
have searched for the right function) that when pressed in any gnus buffer
(Article, Summary or Group), will re-read my configuration and re-draw the gnus
screen?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Cheers,
Ian

--
fortune says:

A businessman is a hybrid of a dancer and a calculator.
		-- Paul Valery

~~~~~~~~~~~ Made in Ireland using GNU Emacs ~~~~~~~~~~~
Ian Swainson          Kia Ora!          ian@qui-oui.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-03  6:26 UTC | newest]