* [gnus/FAQ] Archiving sent mail and posts -- how?
@ 2000-01-26  9:55 Gustaf Erikson
From: Gustaf Erikson @ 2000-01-26  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I know this is a FAQ, but I've read the manual and the FAQ and can't
get archiving to work.

I'm using Emacs 20.4.1 on NT4, Gnus v5.8.3. I want to save my sent
mail and news in a directory. How do I do this?

I've added

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnfolder "archive"
                 (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
                 (nnfolder-active-file "~/mail/sent-mail/active")
                 (nnfolder-directory "~/mail/sent-mail/")
                 (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil)))

to my .gnus file, as per the FAQ.

But when I send a message, it is not stored there. Neither is a "GCC:"
header inserted into my messages.

I've had this work before, but now I cannot seem to find any
instructions for it.

TIA.

/g.

--
Gustaf Erikson --- 59*19'N 18*05'E  --- http://www.f.kth.se/~f92-ger/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-01-26  9:55 UTC | newest]