* Name washing
@ 1999-12-14 20:51 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 1999-12-14 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone written, or does gnus already have some function to wash
names?

I have in mind turning things like
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
which one gets as %n in gnus-summary-line-format into a shorter form
such as
L M Ingebrigtsen
so that people's full names can appear without making the field too
wide.

Obviously I would be after some clever function which could turn
wmperry@aventail.com (William M. Perry)
into W M Perry
or similar.

I just thought I'd see if any bits of code existed before I
re-implement it...

Paul