* Viewing a buffer while debugging
@ 2002-06-05 11:47 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2002-06-05 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

This one is slightly OT, but since you are such a helpful
group I might as well try it here first:

When debugging an elisp program, how do I view the current
buffer? I'm debugging nnweb.el and in
nnweb-google-create-mapping I would need to look at the
nnweb-buffer, but I don't know how to do this. The buffer is
not available in my buffer list.

When stepping through the code with edebug, I can look at
the buffer briefly by pressing `p', but I can't examine the
buffer's contents more closely (I need to manually search
for certain things, move point forward and back, etc.),
because as soon as I press a button I am back in the source
code... (I am aware of giving a numerical prefix to
edebug-bounce-point to make the peek last longer, but it
does not really help.)

If you are unable to help me, where should I ask instead?

Niklas

* Re: Viewing a buffer while debugging
@ 2002-06-05 12:36 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-06-05 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:

> This one is slightly OT, but since you are such a helpful
> group I might as well try it here first:
>
> When debugging an elisp program, how do I view the current
> buffer? I'm debugging nnweb.el and in
> nnweb-google-create-mapping I would need to look at the
> nnweb-buffer, but I don't know how to do this. The buffer is
> not available in my buffer list.

Try C-x b SPC ?.  The buffer is probably only hidden.

* Re: Viewing a buffer while debugging
@ 2002-06-05 13:51 ` David Kågedal
From: David Kågedal @ 2002-06-05 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Niklas Morberg <niklas.morberg@axis.com> writes:

> When debugging an elisp program, how do I view the current
> buffer? I'm debugging nnweb.el and in
> nnweb-google-create-mapping I would need to look at the
> nnweb-buffer, but I don't know how to do this. The buffer is
> not available in my buffer list.

The name probably starts with a space.  C-x b won't complete on names
starting with space unless you type a space first.

> When stepping through the code with edebug, I can look at
> the buffer briefly by pressing `p', but I can't examine the
> buffer's contents more closely (I need to manually search
> for certain things, move point forward and back, etc.),
> because as soon as I press a button I am back in the source
> code...

Press W first.

--
David Kågedal