* Re: rotating between buffers
       [not found] <CA11C4B15E685D4EB4B52583711FF8A11C5040@exmsea001.us.wamu.net>
@ 2002-08-20  9:19 ` Ian Swainson
From: Ian Swainson @ 2002-08-20  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

"Stevens, Brigham" <Brigham.Stevens@wamu.net> writes:

> So is there any such command built in to emacs to do this, or does
> anyone have something I can add on?

I use Igor Boukanov's pc-bufsw:

;;; Commentary:
;; This is an implementation of quick switch for Emacs buffer that is similar
;; to one that is widely used on PC. The main idea here is that a user chooses
;; two keys (most often C-tab and S-C-tab) that switch between buffers
;; according to most or least recently order. After the final choice is made
;; the last selected buffer becomes most recently used one.

Highly recommended - lists the buffers across the minibuffer temporarily, allowing to select
the buffer you want to switch to without switching to all the others in between.

If you have any trouble finding a copy, let me know and I'll mail it to you.

Cheers,
Ian

--
fortune says:

Ignorance is never out of style.  It was in fashion yesterday, it is the
rage today, and it will set the pace tomorrow.
		-- Franklin K. Dane

~~~~~~~~~~~ Made in Ireland using GNU Emacs ~~~~~~~~~~~
Ian Swainson          Kia Ora!          ian@qui-oui.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-20  9:19 UTC | newest]