* pgp support broken
@ 2000-11-03 14:21 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2000-11-03 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

With the current cvs version of ognus I can't decrypt pgp emails
anymore.  I'm using mailcrypt.  Gnus asks for decryption and then only
shows an empty mailbody :-(.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de

* Re: pgp support broken
@ 2000-11-03 20:47 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-03 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> With the current cvs version of ognus I can't decrypt pgp emails

If you are using current CVS version, don't use rfc2015.el and remove
its setting.

> anymore.  I'm using mailcrypt.  Gnus asks for decryption and then only
> shows an empty mailbody :-(.

Did it report error?

ShengHuo

* Re: pgp support broken
@ 2000-11-04  6:49   ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2000-11-04  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

ZSH> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
>> With the current cvs version of ognus I can't decrypt pgp emails

ZSH> If you are using current CVS version, don't use rfc2015.el and remove
ZSH> its setting.

How can I avoid it?  I didn't set any specific variable for it.

>> anymore.  I'm using mailcrypt.  Gnus asks for decryption and then only
>> shows an empty mailbody :-(.

ZSH> Did it report error?

Not at all :-(.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de

* Re: pgp support broken
@ 2000-11-04 20:20     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-04 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> ZSH> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
> >> With the current cvs version of ognus I can't decrypt pgp emails
>
> ZSH> If you are using current CVS version, don't use rfc2015.el and remove
> ZSH> its setting.
>
> How can I avoid it?  I didn't set any specific variable for it.
>
> >> anymore.  I'm using mailcrypt.  Gnus asks for decryption and then only
> >> shows an empty mailbody :-(.
>
> ZSH> Did it report error?
>
> Not at all :-(.

Is the message in RFC2015 format or sent as a plain text?  What kind
of message pgp (or gpg) shows if you decrypt the text manually?

ShengHuo

* Re: pgp support broken
@ 2000-11-05 18:22       ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2000-11-05 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

ZSH> If you are using current CVS version, don't use rfc2015.el and remove
ZSH> its setting.
>>
>> How can I avoid it?  I didn't set any specific variable for it.

ZSH> Did it report error?
>>
>> Not at all :-(.

ZSH> Is the message in RFC2015 format or sent as a plain text?  What kind
ZSH> of message pgp (or gpg) shows if you decrypt the text manually?

I'll send you the message separatly.  With current CVS (I just run cvs
update two hours ago) Ctrl-h l shows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Decrypting... Done.
Decrypting...
Decrypt (PGP) part? (y or n) Yes
Decrypt (PGP) part? (y or n)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and the message is empty - it even doesn't ask for a password.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de

* Re: pgp support broken
@ 2000-11-05 18:28         ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2000-11-05 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

AJ> I'll send you the message separatly.  With current CVS (I just run cvs
AJ> update two hours ago) Ctrl-h l shows:
AJ> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AJ> Decrypting... Done.
AJ> Decrypting...
AJ> Decrypt (PGP) part? (y or n) Yes
AJ> Decrypt (PGP) part? (y or n)

AJ> and the message is empty - it even doesn't ask for a password.

I just noticed that my gpg setup was broken - fixing it, I'm now asked
for a password but still no message is shown.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de