* Plugging the agent asks many questions
@ 2003-04-30  7:25 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-30  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Starting today, hitting `J j' to plug Gnus asks me a lot of
questions: Switch server foo to online mode? (y/n)

It didn't do that before, I think.  It just plugged them servers.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

* Re: Plugging the agent asks many questions
@ 2003-04-30 13:06 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-04-30 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Starting today, hitting `J j' to plug Gnus asks me a lot of
> questions: Switch server foo to online mode? (y/n)
>
> It didn't do that before, I think.  It just plugged them servers.

The stack trace is fairly thin so there's not much room to change the
behavior. :).

  y-or-n-p("Switch nntp:news.aaaaa into online status? ")
  gnus-y-or-n-p("Switch nntp:news.aaaaa into online status? ")
  gnus-agent-go-online(ask)
  gnus-agent-toggle-plugged(t)
* call-interactively(gnus-agent-toggle-plugged)

Here's what you can do.  Customize gnus-agent-go-online to t rather
than 'ask.

Here's what may have happened.  I checked-in a fix to
gnus-open-server.  Sometime ago, I changed gnus-open-server to call
nnagent-open-server when opening an offline server.  Unfortunitely,
that change resulted in gnus-open-server calling XXXX-open-server for
each backend even though gnus-plugged was nil.  That bug has now been
fixed so that may explain the change in behavior when toggling between
plugged/unplugged.

Kevin

* Re: Plugging the agent asks many questions
@ 2003-05-01 10:58   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-01 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> writes:

> Here's what you can do.  Customize gnus-agent-go-online to t rather
> than 'ask.

It seems this isn't necessary.  At the moment, Gnus isn't asking me
after using `J j' to go plugged.

Maybe the other change in gnus-open-server was responsible for this?
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)