* .overview file for ding.recent group not updated since May 23 1997
@ 1997-07-05 15:17 Joe Wells
From: Joe Wells @ 1997-07-05 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

The .overview file for the ding.recent group (i.e., the directory located
at /ftp@ftp.hpc.uh.edu:/pub/emacs/ding-list-recent/) has not been updated
since May 23, 1997.  However, new articles continue to arrive.  This
causes Gnus to fetch each new article by FTP to get the group headers when
I try to read the group.  This is very slow.

Anyway, I hope this message reaches whoever runs this archive so that they
can investigate and find out why the .overview file is no longer being
updated.

--
Happy Gnus,

Joe Wells <jbw@dcs.gla.ac.uk>

* Re: .overview file for ding.recent group not updated since May 23 1997
@ 1997-07-08 23:16 ` Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1997-07-08 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

JW> Anyway, I hope this message reaches whoever runs this archive so that
JW> they can investigate and find out why the .overview file is no longer
JW> being updated.

It did get forwarded to me after a fashion.  The problem is that I'm still
using that add-active-nov program from ages long gone to deliver into an
NNML folder asynchronously.  For some reason it had stopped working.  I
think I have it working again, but I'm not sure.  (This message will test
it.)
--
  Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-3486 - 622PGH
System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics