* ARRRRRRRRGH.
@ 1998-01-22  2:04 Ken McGlothlen
From: Ken McGlothlen @ 1998-01-22  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I get any more spam from this list, I'm gonna unsubscribe.  C'mon, it isn't
that hard to get a list to only forward mail from subscribers, is it?

* Re: ARRRRRRRRGH.
@ 1998-01-22  4:10 ` Joev Dubach
From: Joev Dubach @ 1998-01-22  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@serv.net> writes:

> If I get any more spam from this list, I'm gonna unsubscribe.
> C'mon, it isn't that hard to get a list to only forward mail from
> subscribers, is it?

With one exception: the news-to-mail gateway at
nntp+sunsite.auc.dk:emacs.ding is how I post to the list, so bouncing
messages posted through it would not be good.

Joev

  "Naturally Emacs will let you customize any way you want to, which is
   handy when you have to work in concert with other, lesser,
   less-customizable systems.  It's generally best to always have Emacs
   prevail, though, because it's very wise and all-knowing."
          -- Jym Dyer

* Re: ARRRRRRRRGH.
@ 1998-01-22  5:33 ` Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1998-01-22  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

KM> If I get any more spam from this list, I'm gonna unzubscribe.  C'mon,
KM> it isn't that hard to get a list to only forward mail from subscribers,
KM> is it?

That spam didn't come through my list.  It seems that the exploder at
ifi.uio.no is still active, so my software doesn't get a chance to catch
anything.  Lars, can you have the ifi address just forward to gnus.org?

And really, would it be too hard to send mail to the list owner instead of
ranting in public?

 - J<