* Making thread with reference only.
@ 2002-05-28  2:01 Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-05-28  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gnus seems to make a thread with reference and subject. I want to make
threads only with reference in summary buffer.

Is it possible?

--
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" --- a Ladakhi monk

* Re: Making thread with reference only.
@ 2002-05-28  2:21 ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-05-28  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

    JH> Gnus seems to make a thread with reference and subject. I want to make
    JH> threads only with reference in summary buffer.

    JH> Is it possible?

I have found a variable, gnus-thread-ignore-subject, which seems to
related to it. But setting it to non-nil doesn't solve the problem.

--

@ 2002-05-28  6:19 ` Tom Koelman
From: Tom Koelman @ 2002-05-28  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jinhyok Heo wrote:

> Gnus seems to make a thread with reference and subject. I want to
> make threads only with reference in summary buffer.

(setq gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function
            'gnus-gather-threads-by-reference)

Tom

* Re: Making thread with reference only.
@ 2002-05-28  6:41   ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2002-05-28  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jinhyok Heo <novembre+dated+1022984254.f23337@ournature.org> writes:

>     JH> Gnus seems to make a thread with reference and subject. I
>     JH> want to make
>     JH> threads only with reference in summary buffer.
>
>     JH> Is it possible?
>
> I have found a variable, gnus-thread-ignore-subject, which seems to
> related to it. But setting it to non-nil doesn't solve the problem.

Presumably, you want

`gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function'

Customizable user variable:

  value: gnus-gather-threads-by-references

  *Function used for gathering loose threads.
  There are two pre-defined functions: `gnus-gather-threads-by-subject',
  which only takes Subjects into consideration; and
  `gnus-gather-threads-by-references', which compared the References
  headers of the articles to find matches.

norbert.
--
YUGGA-HUGGA-BUGGA-TUGGA!!  HEY-HEY!!  A TRAIN STATION!!  No, a POST
 OFFICE!!  An OCEAN LINER!!  No, I think it's a CAFETERIA!!!

* Re: Making thread with reference only.
@ 2002-05-28  6:50     ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2002-05-28  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

    NK> Presumably, you want
    NK> `gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function'

Yes, I did want that. It works.
Thanks a lot.