* "User-Agent" with linebreak
@ 2001-11-06 13:12 Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2001-11-06 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Look in my header for "User-Agent". The string has a line break. I
assume its because the overall length of the string is 78 chars. How
can i avoid that??

Best regards,
Christoph Conrad
--
TTi Entwicklungszentrum GmbH,  Elisabethstr. 16, D-52062 Aachen
Fon: +49 241 47051-0  Fax: +49 241 47051-89 Web: http://www.ttisystems.com

* Re: "User-Agent" with linebreak
@ 2001-11-06 16:13 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 2001-11-06 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Christoph Conrad <cc@cli.de>  on Tue, 06 Nov 2001
| Look in my header for "User-Agent". The string has a line break. I
| assume its because the overall length of the string is 78 chars. How
| can i avoid that??

Why do you perceive it as a problem?  It is properly wrapped with
whitespace prefixing continuation lines as required by RFC 2822.
--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Ingredients of Happy Fun Ball include an
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ unknown glowing substance which fell to

* Re: "User-Agent" with linebreak
@ 2001-11-06 17:49   ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2001-11-06 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: (ding)

    Rat> Why do you perceive it as a problem?  It is properly wrapped with
    Rat> whitespace prefixing continuation lines as required by RFC 2822.

You're right. I didn't know that, but read the relevant chapters in
RFC 2822 now. Thank you!