* Gnus 5.10.2 - agent and lost marks
@ 2003-05-18 23:40 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-05-18 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been noticing recently that often I'll mark a message as
expirable or read or I'll use gnus-summary-kill-thread, and then do a
gnus-summary-rescan-group and the message comes back.  For a while I
thought I was hallucinating, or that it was only happening to messages
whose bodies had not been downloaded yet.  Today I got a message from
RMS about an elisp patch I posted to the emacs.devel NG, and no matter
what I do to it, it keeps coming back.  It's spooky!  Are messages
from RMS given some special status in emacs?

Seriously, though: this is pretty weird.  This is happening in my
agentized nnimap inbox.  Is there something I can/should do about
it?  I'm happy to run a few experiments if it will be useful...

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

* Re: Gnus 5.10.2 - agent and lost marks
@ 2003-05-19  4:12 ` Kevin Greiner
From: Kevin Greiner @ 2003-05-19  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

> I've been noticing recently that often I'll mark a message as
> expirable or read or I'll use gnus-summary-kill-thread, and then do a
> gnus-summary-rescan-group and the message comes back.  For a while I
> thought I was hallucinating, or that it was only happening to messages
> whose bodies had not been downloaded yet.  Today I got a message from
> RMS about an elisp patch I posted to the emacs.devel NG, and no matter
> what I do to it, it keeps coming back.  It's spooky!  Are messages
> from RMS given some special status in emacs?
>
> Seriously, though: this is pretty weird.  This is happening in my
> agentized nnimap inbox.  Is there something I can/should do about
> it?  I'm happy to run a few experiments if it will be useful...

Set gnus-verbose to 5 or higher.  Do the gnus-summary-kill-thread then
check the message buffer for one of the following messages.

  Expiry skipping over ...
  Expiring articles in ...

If you see the first message, "Expiry skipping over ...", you need to
update to CVS gnus-agent.el.

Kevin