* Problem turning on adaptive scoring for secondary select method
@ 2003-03-19 12:20 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2003-03-19 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've used nnimap as my primary select method for ages. Now I
finally have access to a decent nntp-server and added that
as my secondary select method.

How do I turn on adaptive scoring for nntp but not for nnimap?

I thought:

(setq gnus-parameters
 '(("^nntp\\+.*"
    (gnus-use-adaptive-scoring t))))

would do the trick. When I enter an nntp group and check
the value of g-u-a-s in the Summary buffer I get told that
it is in fact `t'. But adaptive scoring does not work.

If I enter a group, customize scoring `V H' and set "Adapt"
to t it works. But it is cumbersome to do this for all
nntp groups manually. Is there another way?

Niklas

* Re: Problem turning on adaptive scoring for secondary select method
@ 2003-03-19 12:48 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-03-19 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 19 2003, Niklas Morberg wrote:

> (setq gnus-parameters
>  '(("^nntp\\+.*"
>     (gnus-use-adaptive-scoring t))))
>
> would do the trick. When I enter an nntp group and check
> the value of g-u-a-s in the Summary buffer I get told that
> it is in fact `t'. But adaptive scoring does not work.

Probably this is the same bug mentioned in [1], where turning off
adaptive scoring via `gnus-parameters' didn't work as expected.

Bye, Reiner.

[1] <news:v965sivcxa.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
    <URL:http://news.gmane.org/onethread.php?group=gmane.emacs.gnus.general
    &root=%3Cufzrnimxc.fsf@pille.fhaun.de%3E>
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Problem turning on adaptive scoring for secondary select method
@ 2003-03-19 13:37   ` Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2003-03-19 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> Probably this is the same bug mentioned in [1], where turning off
> adaptive scoring via `gnus-parameters' didn't work as expected.

Thank you for the reference. Frank's workaround works
equally well for turning adaptive scoring on. (I.e. using
gnus-newsgroup-adaptive instead of gnus-use-adaptive-scoring.)

Niklas