* \201 gone again?
@ 2003-02-19 19:25 Kai Großjohann
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-19 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems that there was a fix for the \201 bug today or yesterday.
Or am I dreaming?
--
Hair today, gone tomorrow.  (Tyree Glenn Jr)

* Re: \201 gone again?
@ 2003-02-19 20:38 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2003-02-19 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> It seems that there was a fix for the \201 bug today or yesterday.
> Or am I dreaming?

They're gone for me too.

* Re: \201 gone again?
@ 2003-02-19 20:43 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-02-19 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Feb 19 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> It seems that there was a fix for the \201 bug today or yesterday.
> Or am I dreaming?

Handa-san (is this correct?) fixed it on Monday [1].

Kai, you should read emacs-devel when using CVS-Emacs, SCNR. ;-)

Bye, Reiner.

[1] <news:200302170035.JAA15102@etlken.m17n.org>
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: \201 gone again?
@ 2003-02-19 20:45 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-02-19 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> It seems that there was a fix for the \201 bug today or yesterday.
> Or am I dreaming?

Yes, see emacs-devel, there was a problem with mutibyte characters in
Emacs AFAIK. This seems to be the relevant change in Emacs which made
them disappear again:

2003-02-17  Kenichi Handa  <handa@m17n.org>

        * fns.c (string_to_multibyte): Always return a multibyte string.

--
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

* Re: \201 gone again?
@ 2003-02-20  9:59   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-20  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> Kai, you should read emacs-devel when using CVS-Emacs, SCNR. ;-)

*blush*

Let me go and hide in a mouse hole somewhere.