* how to discourage text/html in multipart/alternative
@ 2001-11-03  2:21 Linh Dang
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Linh Dang @ 2001-11-03  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

HI
 I'd like text/html parts to be displayed only if there's no text/plain
alternative.

Please help

--
Linh Dang

* Re: how to discourage text/html in multipart/alternative
@ 2001-11-03  3:03 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2001-11-03  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Linh Dang <linh@linhdang.homeip.net> writes:
>  I'd like text/html parts to be displayed only if there's no text/plain
> alternative.

(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext")
      mm-automatic-display (remove "text/html" mm-automatic-display))

The first makes text/html most discouraged and text/richtext next most
discouraged, leaving text/plain preferred.

The second prevents text/html from being rendered, displaying instead
as text/plain; you can toggle `b' twice to render it if you want.

* Re: how to discourage text/html in multipart/alternative
@ 2001-11-03  3:11 ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2001-11-03  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Linh Dang <linh@linhdang.homeip.net> writes:

> I'd like text/html parts to be displayed only if there's no text/plain
> alternative.

(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/enriched"))

(Optionally leaving off the text/enriched, but I consider it the same sort
of thing as HTML.)

* Re: how to discourage text/html in multipart/alternative
@ 2001-11-03  3:14 ` Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 2001-11-03  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

try:

(add-to-list 'mm-discouraged-alternatives "text/html")
(setq mm-automatic-display (remove "text/html" mm-automatic-display))

--
Danny Dick-Fung Siu        mailto:dsiu@adobe.com
Acrobat Engineering @ Adobe Systems Incorporated

* Re: how to discourage text/html in multipart/alternative
@ 2001-12-29 22:17   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-29 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:

>>  I'd like text/html parts to be displayed only if there's no text/plain
>> alternative.
>
> (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html" "text/richtext")
>       mm-automatic-display (remove "text/html" mm-automatic-display))

I've now added this example to the Emacs MIME manual.