* generate nov data in batch mode
@ 2000-04-27 14:01 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-04-27 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've recently taken to moving the files that agent downloads to an
nnml server directory rather than store them in News/agent, because More
functions are available to mail files.  Particularly nnir in this
case.

Rather than use the tedious methods to move those hundreds of files to
the nnml directory with gnus, I'm rsyncing them there, which requires
that nnml nov data be generated after moving them.

I'd like to include a batch `nnml-generate-nov-databases' in the
script that cron uses to rsync the files.

Can someone coach me a bit how to run a batch
nnml-generate-nov-databases on a specific nnml server from the command line?

* Re: generate nov data in batch mode
@ 2000-05-02 14:56 ` Rene Matteau
From: Rene Matteau @ 2000-05-02 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harry,

I asked a similar question a while back as my connection is somewhat
flakey and I keep ending up with 0 length file in the agent
directory. I did not get a response and I ended up writing a small
perl script that goes through the agent directories and re-create both
the .agentview and the .overview files after deleting these 0 length
files. The perl program is not the best looking code in the world but it
works for me. Let me know offline if you want it

--
Rene