From: kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com
Subject: Re: Agent forgets its servers
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 01:04:00 -0600	[thread overview]

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@cybercity.ch> writes:

> Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:
>
>> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>>
>>> With the most recent change by Kevin, I see that Gnus forgets which
>>> servers are agentized.
>>
>> FWIW, this happened to me too when just now when I updated Gnus.
>
> Same here and *not* fixed yet:

Actually, the problem is that gnus-agent has been fixed.  The 6.97
revision introduced a typo that did two things 1) it caused the
lib/servers file to forget every agentized server and 2) it triggered
some default code so that every server would be agentized in the
current session (Not bad for a one word change :) ).  Now that the
typo has been fixed, the invalid lib/servers is being read.  The only
permanent fix is to open the server buffer and add selected servers
back into the agent.

> If I update Gnus all my (agentized) nntp groups seem to be empty from the
> group buffer and the server buffer does not mention the agent any more.
>
> I did not inquire any further, but paniqued, left Gnus without saving
> and restored an earlyer version from a backup ;-)
>
> Robert Epprecht

Keep an eye out for the next couple of days.  If you don't see
anything dangerous reported, it should be safe for you to try the new
version.

Kevin