* (make-regexp...) in an alist
@ 1997-10-03 21:15 Norman Walsh
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Norman Walsh @ 1997-10-03 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello World,

I'm converting over to nnmail-split-methods from my old
home-grown perl+procmail splitting system.  (Hey, gnus does
everything else, why deprive it of this one pleasure ;-)

So I started building the nnmail-split-methods alist and discovered
that there are some parts I just don't want to build by hand.
Then I found (make-regexp) and was happy again.

But now the question is, how do I build the nnmail-split-methods
alist with the _value_ of (make-regexp) in it?

I'm looking for something to replace this sort of thing (which
is clearly wrong):

(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '(("letterpress" "Sender:.*letpress@")
	("minolta" "To:.*minolta-l")
	("emacs.ding" "To:.*ding@")
	("spam" (make-regexp '("From:.*@savetrees.com"
			       "From:.*@ispam.net"
			       "From:.*@earthlink.net"
			       ...etc. add nauseum here
			       "Subject:.*are you being investigated")))
	("dssslist" "To:.*dssslist")))

Sorry this is only a quasi-gnus question, I'm just hoping for
the kindness of elisp wizards ;-)

--norm