* How to use gnus-cloud?
@ 2016-11-14 12:54 Joakim Jalap
From: Joakim Jalap @ 2016-11-14 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I've just built some new emacs builds from master, and now that
gnus-sync is gone I will have to start using gnus-cloud instead. So I
looked in the manual and I set it up accordingly ('i' on the two nntp
servers I wan't to sync, and 'I' on my fastmail server where I intend to
store it), but when I try to sync it just says "Failed to upload Gnus
Cloud data to nnimap+fastmail:Emacs-Cloud". I've tried to toggle
debug-on-error, but that doesn't change anything.

I also tried setting `gnus-cloud-storage-method' to base64-gzip instead
of epg (don't know why I'd want it encrypted anyway) but that didn't
change anything.

So, where to go from here? Is there som debug variable I should set?

I'm using Emacs built from master today on FreeBSD if it matters.

cheers,
-- Joakim

* Re: How to use gnus-cloud?
@ 2016-11-15 19:37 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2016-11-15 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Hello,
> I've just built some new emacs builds from master, and now that
> gnus-sync is gone I will have to start using gnus-cloud instead. So I
> looked in the manual and I set it up accordingly ('i' on the two nntp
> servers I wan't to sync, and 'I' on my fastmail server where I intend to
> store it), but when I try to sync it just says "Failed to upload Gnus
> Cloud data to nnimap+fastmail:Emacs-Cloud". I've tried to toggle
> debug-on-error, but that doesn't change anything.

> I also tried setting `gnus-cloud-storage-method' to base64-gzip instead
> of epg (don't know why I'd want it encrypted anyway) but that didn't
> change anything.

It sort of stopped for me back in august, with a problem with decoding
the stored base64 as base64 (I'm thinking maybe because it starts
decoding stuff that isn't part of the base 64...?):
 nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/87204