* Re: Removing subject-decorations, ideas?
       [not found] <wtn3dtb517x.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 1999-12-09 20:45 ` Toby Speight
From: Toby Speight @ 1999-12-09 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas> Jonas Steverud <URL:mailto:d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se>

0> In article <wtn3dtb517x.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>, Jonas wrote:

Jonas> Some people "decorate" the subject-line ("~~~~ Foobar ~~~~" or
Jonas> "***** Foobar ****") - either to "enhance" the "beauty" of the
Jonas> article or to try to get some un-deserved attention.

Ugh.  I hate that too.

Have a look at `gnus-simplify-subject' in gnus-sum.el.  If you can't
get it to do what you want, you should be able to redefine or advice
it suitably - remember to make it generic, so you can post your code
here and get it folded in to the CVS :-)

@ 1999-12-09 20:18 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 1999-12-09 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> Some people "decorate" the subject-line ("~~~~ Foobar ~~~~" or "*****
> Foobar ****")...
>
> Is something like this already done? Or am I the only on annoyed by
> these patethic ways of self-expression?

`gnus-list-identifiers'?

The purpose was to remove mailing list headers like "[DENTS]", but I
guess you could use it to remove other junk too.