* native vs secondary?
@ 2002-10-06 23:15 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2002-10-06 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Who can explain the key difference between "native" and "secondary"
servers? My configuration at the moment is the opposite of what would
probably be done by most people reading the documentation: My native
gnus-select-method is '(nnml ""), and I have added groups from the
news servers I read as "foreign" groups. I don't particularly think of
one of these news servers as being more important than the others, so
I figured I'd do it this way. How would my user-experience change if I
were to choose one of the news servers as native and use a "secondary"
select method for mail?

TIA,
Dave

--
           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting
dave@boost-consulting.com * http://www.boost-consulting.com

* Re: native vs secondary?
@ 2002-10-07  1:53 ` David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2002-10-07  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Who can explain the key difference between "native" and "secondary"
> servers?

Sorry, I didn't realize this was a developers' list. I've taken my
question to gnu.emacs.gnus.

-Dave