* Kind of [OT]
@ 1999-12-09 15:01 Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-12-09 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Slightly OT but with the MIME stuff over the past few months I'm sure
people here can help with this ...

Hmm, looking at RFC 1521 (MIME part one) I can see the broad
specification for Content-Type: headers however I'm

a) not too good at BNF notation and
b) Not sure that what I'm interested in is in that RFC or 822 or some
   other such lovely document.

Basically, Outlook Express 5.0 sends Content-Type headers like the
following

Ie with the boundary on a separate line to the rest of the header. This
does seem reasonable to me however is it *standards conforming* if so
which RFC explains it and I'll dig deeper or if not what standard does
it contravene?

Kindly reply privately to save bugging the list ...

Lee
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

* Re: Kind of [OT]
@ 1999-12-10  9:01 ` Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 1999-12-10  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lee Willis <lee@gbdirect.co.uk> writes:

> Hmm, looking at RFC 1521 (MIME part one) I can see the broad
> specification for Content-Type: headers however I'm
>
> a) not too good at BNF notation and
> b) Not sure that what I'm interested in is in that RFC or 822 or some
>    other such lovely document.
>
> Basically, Outlook Express 5.0 sends Content-Type headers like the
> following

> Ie with the boundary on a separate line to the rest of the header. This
> does seem reasonable to me however is it *standards conforming* if so
> which RFC explains it and I'll dig deeper or if not what standard does
> it contravene?

Yes, it is legal.  See Section 4.3.7 of
<URL:http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-article-02.txt>.

--