* nnmail-cache-accepted-message-ids and drafts
@ 2003-03-04 13:13 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-03-04 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have set `nnmail-cache-accepted-message-ids' to `t' because I want
to use `nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent' (and it should work with
Gcc'ed and moved articles, too).

Now my `nnmail-message-id-cache-file' is filled with lots of MIDs like
<v9heajuwql.fsf@totally-fudged-out-message-id> (without a group name).

I have watched the cache file on disk while using Gnus: The bogus
entries are created on composing an article (`a', `r', ...) or on
resuming drafts (`D e').

Is this a bug, or is there a variable to stop this?

Do we need `nnmail-cache-ignore-mids' similar to
`nnmail-cache-ignore-groups'?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: nnmail-cache-accepted-message-ids and drafts
@ 2003-03-04 17:58 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-04 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> I have watched the cache file on disk while using Gnus: The bogus
> entries are created on composing an article (`a', `r', ...) or on
> resuming drafts (`D e').
>
> Is this a bug, or is there a variable to stop this?

I think it's a bug.

Maybe something is inserting things into the msgid cache too early.
Maybe it would be better to remove that call.  IMVHO, having the
cache skip these msgids is only the second-best solution.