From: Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de>
Subject: Re: New summary part commands?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:43:03 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, Feb 19 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:
>> On Mon, Feb 17 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote:

(1)
>>> Idea: Change the commands to read the part number from the minibuffer
>>> if no prefix arg is provided.
(2)
>>> Idea: For each command, make a (dynamic) submenu that lists the parts.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Both ideas are nice.  I guess I'd prefer the later, if both are
>> feasible.
>
> Since you're so active -- would you like to do it? ;-)

If you show me how to do it for `gnus-article-save-part', I'll try to
do it for the other commands. ;-) [I have a vague idea how to
implement (1), but no idea about (2).]

>> Is it possible to use the menus without prefix if the cursor is on a
>> specific part in the article buffer?  E.g. now, I can use `o' or `|'
>> on a part without giving the number of the part explicitly, if the
>> cursor is on the corresponding button.
>
> I have no idea, but it ought to work -- invoking the menu should be
> the same as the corresponding key.

I tried `<menu-bar> <commands> <MIME> <Multipart> <Pipe part> xless'
with the cursor on `[2. application/postscript; tst.ps]'.  xless
showed the mail text (1st part) instead.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)