* Excessively Painful Forwards
@ 2000-02-16 18:20 Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-02-16 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Howdy.

S o m forwards a message.  When I tried to forward a mutli-part
message which contain a largish attachment, it took quite a well to
render the *mail* buffer.  xemacs climbed to 97% of the CPU and 49% of
available memory.

When it finished churning, I realized why... the entire attachment was
shown encoded in the buffer.

Is there away to _hide_ such attachments?  Knowing they are there in
buttonized form would be nice--anything to speed up the access.

On a related note, gnus hangs my xemacs session when it
checks/parses/splits news and mail.  Is this a limitation of the
architecture or this there a way to background these tasks?

Cheers,
cjr