* Re: nnml:nil ?
       [not found] <m21zhtpu80.fsf@fast.local.thomases.com>
@ 1999-04-17  8:00 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <m2aew5r29r.fsf@fast.local.thomases.com>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-04-17  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Thomas <Dave@Thomases.com> writes:

> I seem to have acquired an nnml:nil group, which is slowly
> accumulating mail, but which I can't open  (invalid group - no such
> directory). There's nothing obvious in my mail directory.

Is it accumulating mail -- is there mail in the "nil" directory?

* Re: nnml:nil ?
       [not found]   ` <m2aew5r29r.fsf@fast.local.thomases.com>
       [not found]       ` <m2k8v8pwa9.fsf@fast.local.thomases.com>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-04-19  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Thomas <Dave@Thomases.com> writes:

> There is no "nil" directory, but the count in the group seems to change
> periodically between 1 and 3.

Can you pinpoint what actions make the number fluctuate?

@ 1999-04-19 13:44         ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-04-19 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Thomas <Dave@Thomases.com> writes:

  > Don't know if it helps, but this is my active file:

Eek.  Dunno how the nil lines got there, but exit Gnus, then manually
remove the nil lines, then start Gnus again.  If you have entries for
that group in .newsrc or .newsrc.eld, these should also be removed.

Does that help?

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]