* message-reply-headers and posting styles
@ 2002-05-21  9:32 Dmitry Bely
From: Dmitry Bely @ 2002-05-21  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Having read the Gnus manual, specifically

[---cut---]
Posting Styles
==============
The attribute value can be a string (used verbatim), a function with
zero arguments (the return value will be used), a variable (its value
will be used) or a list (it will be `eval'ed and the return value will
be used).  The functions and sexps are called/`eval'ed in the message
buffer that is being set up.  The headers of the current article are
available through the `message-reply-headers' variable, which is a
vector of the following headers: number subject from date id references
chars lines xref extra.
[---cut---]

I wrote the following:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(("fido7"
	 ("X-Comment-To"
	  (lambda ()
	    (let ((from (aref message-reply-headers 2)))
	      (if (string-match " *<.*> *" from)
		  (concat (substring from 0 (match-beginning 0)) (substring from (match-end 0)))
		(if (string-match "\(.*\)" from)
		    (substring from (+ (match-beginning 0) 1) (- (match-end 0) 1))
		  from)))))
	 )))

But this does not work. message-reply-headers variable is nil inside
lambda. Could you explain me what am I doing wrong?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry

* Re: message-reply-headers and posting styles
@ 2002-05-21 10:45 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-05-21 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Dmitry Bely <dbely@mail.ru> writes:

> But this does not work. message-reply-headers variable is nil inside
> lambda. Could you explain me what am I doing wrong?

So the lambda is executed?  Hm.

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: message-reply-headers and posting styles
@ 2002-05-21 11:07   ` Dmitry Bely
From: Dmitry Bely @ 2002-05-21 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>> But this does not work. message-reply-headers variable is nil inside
>> lambda. Could you explain me what am I doing wrong?
>
> So the lambda is executed?

Yes, but message-reply-headers is not bound (yet?), so the runtime error
happens. It looks like a Gnus bug?

@ 2002-05-21 13:07     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-05-21 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Dmitry Bely <dbely@mail.ru> writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>>> But this does not work. message-reply-headers variable is nil inside
>>> lambda. Could you explain me what am I doing wrong?
>>
>> So the lambda is executed?
>
> Yes, but message-reply-headers is not bound (yet?), so the runtime error
> happens. It looks like a Gnus bug?

Yes, it looks like that.

kai
--