* [PB] with expirable / old articles
@ 1998-05-13  9:13 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 1998-05-13  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi !

I have 2 mailing lists bound to different nnml groups, with auto-expire in the
group params for both groups.

- Now, say I receive a mail which is `To: list1' and `Cc: list2'.
- When I receive it, it appears in both groups.
- If I read the mail in list1, it's set to expirable. ok.
- Now, back to group buffer, I notice that the mail is marked old (O) but not
  expirable in list2, which gives me the % sign in the group buffer.

	This annoys me because I have to mark the article as expirable by hand
in the list2 group. Is there anything I can do ?

Thanks.

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/
 - / / - / / /_/ /      E.N.S.T. INF C214        mailto:verna@inf.enst.fr

* Re: [PB] with expirable / old articles
@ 1998-05-13 11:05 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-05-13 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > - Now, say I receive a mail which is `To: list1' and `Cc: list2'.
  > - When I receive it, it appears in both groups.
  > - If I read the mail in list1, it's set to expirable. ok.
  > - Now, back to group buffer, I notice that the mail is marked old
  > (O) but not expirable in list2, which gives me the % sign in the
  > group buffer.

I think the way to go is to use total-expire -- an article marked as
read in one group is automatically marked as read in all other,
crossposted, groups.

There used to be a proposal for more sensibly dealing with marks of
messages in multiple groups, but I don't know what became of it.

kai
--
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)