* move nnml -> nnimap
@ 2000-08-25  5:36 Jeff Murphy
From: Jeff Murphy @ 2000-08-25  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

i have a mix of nnml and nnimap groups. i can read from each without
problems. i cant move B m from nnml to nnimap. is this possible?

there message i get is:

Can't open server nnimap

Gnus v5.8.3

thx

jeff

* Re: move nnml -> nnimap
@ 2000-08-25  9:48 ` Toby Speight
From: Toby Speight @ 2000-08-25  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

0> In article <wwa7l95oqbf.fsf_-_@smurfland.cit.buffalo.edu>,
0> Jeff Murphy <URL:mailto:jcmurphy@smurfland.cit.buffalo.edu> ("Jeff") wrote:

Jeff> i have a mix of nnml and nnimap groups.  i can read from each
Jeff> without problems. i cant move B m from nnml to nnimap.  is this
Jeff> possible?

It should be possible - I did it when I migrated my mail reading from
nnml to nnimap.

No real help, just a datum.

* Re: move nnml -> nnimap
@ 2000-08-25 13:33 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-08-25 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 25 Aug 2000, Jeff Murphy wrote:

> i have a mix of nnml and nnimap groups. i can read from each without
> problems. i cant move B m from nnml to nnimap. is this possible?
>
> there message i get is:
>
> Can't open server nnimap

That's a very low-level error message, and it should apply for both
reading a group and moving stuff to a group.  But the imap server
might time-out the connections, so that Gnus had to re-open the
connection by the time you did `B m'.

Does it work if you read an IMAP group, then do the `B m' from the
nnml to the nnimap group really quickly?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.