* Create groups with specified articles?
@ 1998-07-14 15:16 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-07-14 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Suppose I had a newsgroup name and a list of article numbers, how
would I go about creating a summary buffer showing exactly those
articles?  (Selecting articles should be possible as well, of course.)

For extra credit: Suppose I had a list of pairs of newsgroup name and
article number, how would I go about creating a summary buffer showing
exactly those articles?  (Selecting articles should be possible as
well, of course.)

I think Lars promised me to add an item to the todo list to add an
entry point for this, sometime in May 1997, what became of it?  :-)

kai
--
You ate somebody? -- Just a leg. -- That's terrible! -- Not with mustard.
(Terry Pratchett: Interesting Times)

* Re: Create groups with specified articles?
@ 1998-07-15  7:57 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-07-15  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> For extra credit: Suppose I had a list of pairs of newsgroup name and
> article number, how would I go about creating a summary buffer showing
> exactly those articles?  (Selecting articles should be possible as
> well, of course.)

Well, `gnus-articles-to-read' returns which articles are to be read.
Hm.  I've now added an optional parameters to gnus-select-newsgroup
that specifies the article list.  That should do the trick, shouldn't
it?

* Re: Create groups with specified articles?
@ 1998-07-15 11:57   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-07-15 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > Well, `gnus-articles-to-read' returns which articles are to be
  > read.  Hm.  I've now added an optional parameters to
  > gnus-select-newsgroup that specifies the article list.  That
  > should do the trick, shouldn't it?

Wonderful!  That does the trick for one newsgroup only, but this
should be enough at first.

Can't wait for 5.6.25...

kai