* A couple of programming questions
@ 2002-04-02  9:45 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-02  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Michael Günnewig

From gnus-server-prepare I deduce that (append gnus-opened-servers
gnus-server-alist) gives me a list of all servers.  I want to iterate
over all servers that Gnus uses.  Is this the correct approach?

Suppose I have a special server parameter, how do I get back that
value?  Do I have to fish the server from gnus-opened-servers and/or
gnus-server-alist and then use assoc or assq manually, or is there a
ready-made function which accepts a server (or server name) and a
parameter and gives me the value?

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: A couple of programming questions
@ 2002-04-02 14:25 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-04-02 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Michael Günnewig

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) wrote:
> Suppose I have a special server parameter, how do I get back that
> value?  Do I have to fish the server from gnus-opened-servers and/or
> gnus-server-alist and then use assoc or assq manually, or is there a
> ready-made function which accepts a server (or server name) and a
> parameter and gives me the value?

gnus-server-to-method will do part of the job.

paul

* Re: A couple of programming questions
@ 2002-04-02 15:07   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-02 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guennewi

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) wrote:
>> Suppose I have a special server parameter, how do I get back that
>> value?  Do I have to fish the server from gnus-opened-servers and/or
>> gnus-server-alist and then use assoc or assq manually, or is there a
>> ready-made function which accepts a server (or server name) and a
>> parameter and gives me the value?
>
> gnus-server-to-method will do part of the job.

Hm.  That's the same as the entry in gnus-server-alist or
gnus-opened-servers.

So to get the value of the server parameter, assoc and assq are my
friends.

kai
--

@ 2002-04-02 15:08 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-04-02 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Michael Günnewig

Kai.Grossjohann@cs.uni-dortmund.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> From gnus-server-prepare I deduce that (append gnus-opened-servers
> gnus-server-alist) gives me a list of all servers.  I want to iterate
> over all servers that Gnus uses.  Is this the correct approach?

I now found another approach:

gnus-valid-select-methods gives me a list of backends, and
gnus-servers-using-backend gives me all servers with that backend.

What to use?

kai
--
Silence is foo!