* Buttons and posting style
@ 2000-05-11 17:45 Petr Konecny
From: Petr Konecny @ 2000-05-11 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I buttonize headers of articles in all my groups.  When I click on a
button representing address in a header, it creates the message buffer
for reply, but does not use the posting style of the group. In fact it
does not even have Gcc header.

I think that the problem is in gnus-button-reply and g-b-mailto in
gnus-art.el, or perhaps in message-reply called by these two
functions. Quick search for uses of message-reply revealed that
gnus-article-mail has the same problem. I.e. when you use C-c return at
some address in header of an article buffer, it does not use posting
style.

gnus-summary-reply also uses message-reply, but it works fine.

I suppose that message-reply should not mess with posting
styles. Perhaps there should be a wrapper function that would  set them
before calling message-reply. What do you think ?

                                             Petr

--
Q:	Why do the police always travel in threes?
A:	One to do the reading, one to do the writing, and the other keeps

* Re: Buttons and posting style
@ 2000-08-13 16:38 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-13 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Petr Konecny <pekon@informatics.muni.cz> writes:

> I buttonize headers of articles in all my groups.  When I click on a
> button representing address in a header, it creates the message buffer
> for reply, but does not use the posting style of the group. In fact it
> does not even have Gcc header.

I'm not sure that's not the right thing to do.  If you're responding
inside a group with the normal commands, the posting styles should be
in effect.  But when clicking mail addresses, you might want the
"default" setup.  I don't know...

* Re: Buttons and posting style
@ 2000-08-13 19:20   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-08-13 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 Aug 2000, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> I'm not sure that's not the right thing to do.  If you're responding
> inside a group with the normal commands, the posting styles should
> be in effect.  But when clicking mail addresses, you might want the
> "default" setup.  I don't know...

Arguments can be put forward for either case.  Does this cry out for a
user option?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.