* POP/fancy-split bug?
@ 2000-01-11 13:55 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2000-01-11 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello world,

I've discovered that either POP or mail splitting is doing
something truly evil with mail that goes to a list that I
moderate. (I'm using 5.8.3, btw.)

Messages sent to me (the moderator) for approval look like this:

  From owner-docbook@lists.oasis-open.org Tue Jan 11 06:48:58 2000
  From: owner-docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
  Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:38:41 -0600
  To: owner-docbook@lists.unicomp.net
  Subject: BOUNCE docbook@lists.oasis-open.org: Approval required:

  From owner-docbook@lists.unicomp.net  Tue Jan 11 06:38:40 2000
  Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 06:49:02 -0500
  To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
  Subject: This is another test
  From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

  this is another test, unapproved it should not be posted to the list.

                                          Cheers,
                                            norm

  --
  Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The universe that we observe has
  http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | precisely the properties we should
                                     | design, no purpose, no evil and no
                                     | good, nothing but pitiless
                                     | indifference.--Richard Dawkins

When my mail-source was (file ...), this always worked just fine
(and has for months and months): I get a single mail message in
the "approval" folder with the body set to the headers and body
of the message that I'm supposed to approve.

But now that I'm using POP, I've noticed that I sometimes get a
completely empty message in the "approval" folder and the
unapproved message in the "list" folder, as if it had been
approved. I haven't been able to nail down what's different
between messages that succeed and messages that fail, but most
seem to fail.

Any thoughts?
                                        Cheers,
                                          norm