* Display groups in Group buffer with >0 cached messages?
@ 2000-01-06 14:44 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-01-06 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there any way to tell Gnus that a group which has cached messages
should always be shown in the Group buffer?  (This already works for
ticked messages, but I can't use ticked messages.  Reason provided on
request.)

kai

* Re: Display groups in Group buffer with >0 cached messages?
@ 2000-04-21 14:06 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there any way to tell Gnus that a group which has cached messages
> should always be shown in the Group buffer?

There is no pre-defined functionality in Gnus for doing this.

Although I guess you could run `gnus-summary-limit-include-cached'
from one of the late summary buffer entry hooks.

* Re: Display groups in Group buffer with >0 cached messages?
@ 2000-04-21 14:11   ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-04-21 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

LMI> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>> Is there any way to tell Gnus that a group which has cached messages
>> should always be shown in the Group buffer?

LMI> There is no pre-defined functionality in Gnus for doing this.

LMI> Although I guess you could run `gnus-summary-limit-include-cached'
LMI> from one of the late summary buffer entry hooks.

I don't think Kai wants this.  I guess it should be called like
gnus-group-list-cached.

I also want such a function so that I can find an ancient cached
message more efficiently.

--
Shenghuo

* Re: Display groups in Group buffer with >0 cached messages?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> I don't think Kai wants this.  I guess it should be called like
> gnus-group-list-cached.

Oh, right.  Hm.  Well, I don't think that would be difficult to
implement -- one would just have to iterate over all the groups and
pick out the ones that have cached articles in them.

*time passes*

Looking over `gnus-group-prepare-flat', Gnus chooses to display groups
based on a predicate in there.  Perhaps we could add an extra
parameter to that function (and friends) that would allow a different
predicate, which would make it really easy to implement all kinds of
different selection criteria?

* Re: Display groups in Group buffer with >0 cached messages?
@ 2000-04-21 14:50       ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-04-21 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

LMI> Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:
>> I don't think Kai wants this.  I guess it should be called like
>> gnus-group-list-cached.

LMI> Oh, right.  Hm.  Well, I don't think that would be difficult to
LMI> implement -- one would just have to iterate over all the groups and
LMI> pick out the ones that have cached articles in them.

LMI> *time passes*

LMI> Looking over `gnus-group-prepare-flat', Gnus chooses to display groups
LMI> based on a predicate in there.  Perhaps we could add an extra
LMI> parameter to that function (and friends) that would allow a different
LMI> predicate, which would make it really easy to implement all kinds of
LMI> different selection criteria?

I just implemented one, called gnus-group-list-cached and
gnus-group-prepare-flat-predicate. 'A c' is the key sequence.

--
Shenghuo

* Re: Display groups in Group buffer with >0 cached messages?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-21 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> I just implemented one, called gnus-group-list-cached and
> gnus-group-prepare-flat-predicate. 'A c' is the key sequence.

Great!