* Use to-address in gnus-summary-reply?
@ 1999-04-19 15:58 Mark Plaksin
From: Mark Plaksin @ 1999-04-19 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Howdy,

In some mail groups, I want *all* my replies to go to the list address
regardless of the Reply-to header.  I thought that this is what the
to-address group paramater was for but it doesn't work.  So, in
gnus-summary-reply, is there a reason not to change this:

(message-reply nil wide)

to this:

(message-reply
  (gnus-group-find-parameter gnus-newsgroup-name 'to-address) wide)

so I can get what I want?

Or is there a better way to solve the problem?

--
Mark Plaksin                                http://www.arches.uga.edu/~happy/

* Re: Use to-address in gnus-summary-reply?
@ 1999-04-19 16:07 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-04-19 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Plaksin <happy@arches.uga.edu> writes:

  > In some mail groups, I want *all* my replies to go to the list address
  > regardless of the Reply-to header.

Does a followup (f/F instead of r/R) go to the right address with
to-address or to-list set?

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]

* Re: Use to-address in gnus-summary-reply?
@ 1999-04-19 17:48 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1999-04-19 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Plaksin <happy@arches.uga.edu> writes:

> In some mail groups, I want *all* my replies to go to the list address
> regardless of the Reply-to header.

I assume that you mean followups.

All replies should go to the author, and all followups to the group, right?

If so, set the broken-reply-to group parameter to t.

I hate lists that set the Reply-To header on all posts.  Luckily, Gnus
allows me to ignore them.

--
Justin Sheehy

In a cloud bones of steel.

* Re: Use to-address in gnus-summary-reply?
@ 1999-04-20  0:50   ` Mark Plaksin
From: Mark Plaksin @ 1999-04-20  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Mark Plaksin <happy@arches.uga.edu> writes:
>
>   > In some mail groups, I want *all* my replies to go to the list address
>   > regardless of the Reply-to header.
>
> Does a followup (f/F instead of r/R) go to the right address with
> to-address or to-list set?

Ah, the many wonders of Gnus!  I didn't understand the distinction between
f/F and r/R.  Thanks for clearing it up.  Now I just need to retrain my
fingers.

--
Mark Plaksin                                http://www.arches.uga.edu/~happy/