* Can't post to secondary nnimap server
@ 2001-04-13 13:49 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-04-13 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I hit `C-c C-c' in a posting created from an nnimap group, and if
the posting contains the header "Newsgroups: foo.bar", then Gnus will
ask me whether I really want to post to this possibly unknown group.
I hit yes, posting works fine.

gnus-post-method is set to `current'.

I think if I type C-u 0 C-c C-c to post, then enter the name of the
nnimap server, all is well.

How can I turn off the question?  Does it tell me that I have a
potential problem?  How can I solve that problem?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: Can't post to secondary nnimap server
@ 2001-04-13 14:12 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-04-13 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I hit `C-c C-c' in a posting created from an nnimap group, and if
> the posting contains the header "Newsgroups: foo.bar", then Gnus will
> ask me whether I really want to post to this possibly unknown group.
> I hit yes, posting works fine.
>
> gnus-post-method is set to `current'.
>
> I think if I type C-u 0 C-c C-c to post, then enter the name of the
> nnimap server, all is well.
>
> How can I turn off the question?  Does it tell me that I have a
> potential problem?  How can I solve that problem?

I guess it is a new feature. Your problem could be fixed by

    (request 'message)
    (add-to-list '(existing-newsgroups . disabled) 'message-syntax-checks)

ShengHuo

* Re: Can't post to secondary nnimap server
@ 2001-04-13 14:26   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-04-13 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 13 Apr 2001, ShengHuo ZHU wrote:

> I guess it is a new feature. Your problem could be fixed by
>
>     (request 'message) (add-to-list '(existing-newsgroups
>     . disabled) 'message-syntax-checks)

I see.  Ah.  It is good that Gnus checks whether the newsgroups
exist.  But shouldn't Gnus know that the nnimap groups exist?

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.