* bug in gnus-summary-enter-digest-group
@ 2000-12-15  9:17 vvv
From: vvv @ 2000-12-15  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

when i press C-d on this message, i see the messages in a digest, but
i do not see this first text/plain part. I think that
gnus-summary-enter-digest-group should show the complete structure of
a MIME message, but it ignores some part(s), which looks like a bug.

Best,
v.

Subject: Topics

Topics:
   subject 1
   subject 2

Date: 12 Dec 2000 16:28:13 +0100
From: someone@somewhere.org
To: aaa@aaa
Subject: subject 1

This is the body of the first message in a digest.

Date: 12 Dec 2000 16:36:17 -0500
From: someone@somewhere.org
To: aaa@aaa
Subject: subject 2

This is the body of the first message in a digest.

* Re: bug in gnus-summary-enter-digest-group
@ 2000-12-15 10:37 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-12-15 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 15 Dec 2000, vvv@vsu.ru wrote:

> when i press C-d on this message, i see the messages in a digest,
> but i do not see this first text/plain part.

I see this summary buffer:

/----
|    [01-Jan,  0b: nobody         ] Topics
|    [12-Dec,  0b: someone@somewhe] subject 1
|    [12-Dec,  0b: someone@somewhe] subject 2
\----

Is it the `Topics' line that you were missing?  As you can see, I get
it.  Or is something else missing here?

kai

* Re: bug in gnus-summary-enter-digest-group
@ 2000-12-15 10:47   ` vvv
From: vvv @ 2000-12-15 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"KG" == Kai Großjohann writes:

 KG> On 15 Dec 2000, vvv@vsu.ru wrote:
 >> when i press C-d on this message, i see the messages in a digest,
 >> but i do not see this first text/plain part.

 KG> I see this summary buffer:

 KG> /---- | [01-Jan, 0b: nobody ] Topics | [12-Dec, 0b:
 KG> someone@somewhe] subject 1 | [12-Dec, 0b: someone@somewhe]
 KG> subject 2 \----

 KG> Is it the `Topics' line that you were missing?  As you can see, I
 KG> get it.  Or is something else missing here?

No, the original message was of type multipart/mixed and contained the
text part with the description of a bug, then a multipart/digest part
with the digest. the digest contains three parts, -- topics, and two
messages.

What you see when you press C-d is the contents of the digest: topics
and two messages. But where is the first text/plain part with the
description of the bug?

Best,
v.

* Re: bug in gnus-summary-enter-digest-group
@ 2000-12-15 12:41     ` vvv
From: vvv @ 2000-12-15 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"v" == vvv  writes:

 KG> Is it the `Topics' line that you were missing?  As you can see, I
 KG> get it.  Or is something else missing here?

 v> No, the original message was of type multipart/mixed and contained
 v> the text part with the description of a bug, then a
 v> multipart/digest part with the digest. the digest contains three
 v> parts, -- topics, and two messages.

 v> What you see when you press C-d is the contents of the digest:
 v> topics and two messages. But where is the first text/plain part
 v> with the description of the bug?

i'd like to add that perhaps i should have used M-C-d
(gnus-summary-read-document) instead of C-d
(gnus-summary-enter-digest-group). But neither of them shows the whole
MIME structure of the message.

Best,
v.

* Re: bug in gnus-summary-enter-digest-group
@ 2000-12-15 13:00     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-12-15 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 15 Dec 2000, vvv@vsu.ru wrote:

> What you see when you press C-d is the contents of the digest:
> topics and two messages. But where is the first text/plain part with
> the description of the bug?

Ah.  Hm.  I didn't even think about this.  Hm.  Originally, `C-d' was
meant to look at digests, and only later was functionality added to it
to dissect arbitrary MIME messages.  But the primary purpose is still
to view digests.

For this definition, `C-d' is doing a good job on your message, isn't
it?

Does it help to `K b' the message to show more of the MIME structure?
(It doesn't appear to show nesting.)

But maybe it would be nice to have a command similar to `C-d' which
shows the MIME structure of a message.

kai