* Context sensitive gnus-summary-copy-article
@ 1997-08-03 13:41 Nelson Jose dos Santos Ferreira
From: Nelson Jose dos Santos Ferreira @ 1997-08-03 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all.

How do I make 'B c' know which group to copy archives depending on the current
group ?

I guess I'll have to write a gnus-summary-njsf-copy-article which if
TO-NEWSGROUP is not present, examines either a local variable or a group
parameter (I'd like to set the default destination on the group parameters...)
and if it's set copy to there... Otherwise the behaviour is as in
gnus-summary-copy-article.

I need help writing this, I really hadn't had the time to dive in Elisp
(altough I have the desire... :) )

Is it someting like :

(defun gnus-summary-njsf-copy-article (&optional n to-newsgroup select-method)
	"Use the local gnus-summary-default-copy-to variable as default for
	destination of gnus-summary-njsf-copy-article."
	(
		(interactive "P")
		(if (eq to-newsgroup nil)
			(setq to-newsgroup gnus-summary-njsf-copy-article))
		(gnus-summary-copy-article n to-newsgroup select-method)))

Then I'd just have to add a
	(gnus-summary-njsf-copy-article . "nnfolder+archive:theArchive")
to the groups parameters.

Of course I'd have to change the bindings...
It's on gnus-summary-map right ?

Is there an easier way ?

Thanks in advance,

	Nelson.
---
Nelson Jose dos Santos Ferreira |  .  .  .  | INESC/PT-SVC   Lisbon,PORTUGAL
                                | |. /  / . | PT-Servicos
mailto:Nelson.Ferreira@inesc.pt |.||\| | /  | Phone:+351 (1) 3100063
http://ccae-sv.inesc.pt/~njsf   | .|<:/  \. | Fax  :+351 (1) 3100008

* Re: Context sensitive gnus-summary-copy-article
@ 1997-08-04  9:59 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-08-04  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Nelson> How do I make 'B c' know which group to copy archives
  Nelson> depending on the current group ?

There is a variable gnus-move-split-methods, maybe that works for "B
c", too.

Btw, if you're trying to archive articles from newsgroups, I suggest
that you just put them in the cache.  By default, ticked and dormant
articles are put in the cache.

kai
--
Signature?  What signature?