* Sorting and respooling
@ 2000-12-05 18:36 nimo
From: nimo @ 2000-12-05 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

I respooled one of my nnml group recently, and somehow, the order
was changed; looks like there was some kind of sorting according to
subject (I say some kind because that is not alphabetical sorting,
although it's clear that all mail starting with some character or
symbols are now one after the others).

This annoys me because I like to have my emails sorted by date (with
threading) and I don't see why all of a sudden I would need to sort my
messages every time I enter this nnml group.

Is there a way to sort permanently a group?  Besides respooling all
messages in the appropriate order one by one in a temporary group!

Thanks,

Nicolas

PS: I didn't read all the manual, I hope it is not written in letters
of fire in there...

--
  Nicolas Morais
  CAE Électronique Ltée,

* Re: Sorting and respooling
@ 2000-12-10 16:11 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-12-10 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 05 Dec 2000, nimo@p1686.cae.ca wrote:

> Is there a way to sort permanently a group?  Besides respooling all
> messages in the appropriate order one by one in a temporary group!

Not that I know of.  You can, of course, set
gnus-thread-sort-functions to a value you like, then Gnus sorts the
messages for you.  The default is to sort them by article number (same
as file name for nnml and nnmh groups).

kai
--
The arms should be held in a natural and unaffected way and never
be conspicuous. -- Revised Technique of Latin American Dancing