* Article display functions
@ 1998-09-23 23:29 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-23 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perhaps the lots-and-lots-of-variables thing for article display is
the right thing.  What should the variables be called?

gnus-article-do-hide-cited-text
gnus-article-do-highlight-cited-text

and so on?  Eh.

And while we're doing this, perhaps the don't-work-on-biiig-article
thing should be done as well?  Could this be worked into the same
scheme?  Like, if gnus-article-do-highlight-cited-text is nil, that's
not done; if it is t, it's always done; and if it's a number, it's
only done if the article body is less chars than that number?

Or should the simply be a
gnus-article-dont-do-stuff-if-article-is-longer-than variable that
inhibits all the article treatment functions?  Or what?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Article display functions
@ 1998-09-24 10:11 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-09-24 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I vote for the single don't-do-it-if-article-is-larger-than-this variable.

kai
--
OOP: object oriented programming;  OOPS: object oriented mistakes

* Re: Article display functions
@ 1998-09-24 10:30 Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 1998-09-24 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@amaunet.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> I vote for the single don't-do-it-if-article-is-larger-than-this variable.

I second this. Doing it the other way might get things a bit too
messy, doesn't it? Just to think about the house keeping :-)

Sorry Kai, I've hit 'R' instead of 'F', first :-/

/norbert.

--
Dr Norbert Koch, DELTA Industrie Informatik GmbH, Fellbach, Germany
A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing!